Model No., PBC.
Responsible Wood Sourcing Policy
Adopted: April 2022
Model No., PBC. is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture. Model No therefore will work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to progressively increase where possible the amount of responsible wood – wood from certified and reclaimed sources – procured over time.
Model No recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. All wood used for our products, that is not reclaimed, is FSC® certified. We have a preference for sourcing FSC certified wood or reclaimed wood for all our products.
Model No is also firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber;
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
Through this Policy and our FSC certification participation, Model No seeks to set a positive example for our peers and to do our part to protect the world’s forests.