San Francisco, New York City, or Atlanta highly preferred. Will consider other US Remote position for the right candidate to work from home. Must live in the US & be able to work hours within the Pacific time zone. San Francisco area preferred but not required.
Model No. is revolutionizing how furnishings are designed, produced and sold. Our distinctive approach provides custom, sustainable products with accessible price points that are created on-demand by consumers. All furnishings are artfully crafted from sustainably sourced materials, such as up-cycled food waste, and produced using the latest eco-friendly tech including 3D printing. With just a few clicks online, users can customize products and they are made-to-order and delivered in a few weeks.
Highly motivated individual who is excited to join a new, rapidly growing brand that is mission-driven and positioned for category dominance. Thrives working within a small, fast moving environment. A designer with Grasshopper skills, a passion for sustainability, and enthusiasm to change the furniture industry for the better.
Reporting to the Industrial Design Manager, the Junior Industrial Designer will develop products using computational approaches and design home furnishing products and decor items for sale on the Model No. website while supporting manufacturing and partnerships.
- Provide creative ideas for home furniture and decor products and categories
- Utilize Model No. systems and procedures
- Provide material knowledge and research for new product design
- Work with the design and production team to improve efficiency and quality
- Render final designs for product launch and publication to website
- Develop 3D printing algorithms and custom scripts in Grasshopper for Rhino.
- Partner with other internal stakeholders, and external partners, agencies and vendors
- Advocate for new products through the entire design and production process from early-stage concept to creation of samples and mass production
- Regularly present design work to various decision-makers within multiple departments
- Highly skilled in 3D modeling and 2D production drawings
- Highly skilled in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Excellent creative and drawing skills
- Practical knowledge of production, fabrication and assembly processes are a plus
- Experience in V-Ray or other rendering engines a plus
- A creative problem-solver with a passion for design with the ability to put forth creative solutions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, work independently and as a part of a team
- Great communication skills
- Proactive approachability to anticipate future actions that may be required
- An exceptional team player who is capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities with adherence to deadlines and budgets. Must be able to work both as a team member and independently. Must be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong project and time management skills
- Bachelors' Degree in Industrial Design/Product Design or related field preferred but not required
Please send all inquires and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org