San Francisco, New York City, or Atlanta highly preferred. Will consider other US Remote position for the right candidate to work from home. Must live in the US & be able to work hours within the Pacific time zone. San Francisco area preferred but not required.
Model No. is revolutionizing how furnishings are designed, produced and sold. Our distinctive approach provides custom, sustainable products with accessible price points that are created on-demand by consumers. All furnishings are artfully crafted from sustainably sourced materials, such as up-cycled food waste, and produced using the latest eco-friendly tech including 3D printing. With just a few clicks online, users can customize products and they are made-to-order and delivered in a few weeks.
Highly motivated individual who is excited to join a new, rapidly growing brand that is mission-driven and positioned for category dominance. Thrives working within a small, fast moving environment. A designer with Grasshopper skills, a passion for sustainability, and enthusiasm to change the furniture industry for the better.
Reporting to the SVP of Product Development & Design, the Industrial Design Manager will develop products using computational approaches and manage the design of home furnishing products and decor items for sale on the Model No. website while supporting manufacturing and partnerships to grow categories and sales.
- Provide creative ideas for home furniture and decor products and categories
- Manage day to day operations for designing furniture and home products utilizing Model No. systems and procedures
- Provide material knowledge and research for new product design
- Work with the design and production team to improve efficiency and quality
- Render final designs for product launch and publication to website
- Develop 3D printing algorithms and custom scripts in Grasshopper for Rhino.
- Understand, improve and evolve existing Grasshopper algorithms and systems
- Partner with other internal stakeholders, and external partners, agencies and vendors
- Excellent skills in 3D modeling and 2D production drawings
- Excellent skill in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Excellent creative and drawing skills
- Practical knowledge of production, fabrication and assembly processes are a plus
- Experience in programming, other CAD/CAM software, digital fabrication, 3D printing, are a plus
- Experience in V-Ray or other rendering engines a plus
- Ability to put forth creative solutions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, work independently and as a part of a team
- Great communication skills
- Must be able to think strategically and see the big picture while knowing how to execute it tactically
- Proactive approachability to anticipate future actions that may be required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines and budgets. Must be able to work both as a team
- member and independently. Must be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities
- Clear understanding of human ergonomic factors to the engineering and design of products
- Degree in interior design, industrial design, architecture, or engineering preferred but not required
Please send all inquires and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org