Design for Manufacture and Assembly Lead (DfMA Lead)
Model No. is the first on-demand custom furnishings company driven by consumer needs and led by a devotion to technology, design, and environmental responsibility. Our approach provides artfully crafted pieces that can be fully customized by consumers to fit their style, budget and home. Pieces are made domestically with sustainably sourced materials and produced using the latest eco-friendly automated tech including 3D printing. All items are created on-demand by consumers and delivered in a few weeks, eliminating long wait times and wasteful inventory- all while moving to attain our mission of net zero manufacturing creating furniture for a healthier life.
We are driving growth with our new and existing enterprise customers and moving quickly into premier showrooms throughout the United States. We need a seasoned, entrepreneurial leader to help us continue our growth.
We are seeking an individual with experience in DfMA to lead design, development, and production of customizable furniture solutions. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a team environment and have robust past experience with taking design concepts and prototypes and bringing them to full production utilizing MCAD, digital fabrication via large-format 3D printing and CNC machines, and traditional woodworking techniques. Experience with solid-modeling based MCAD, woodworking, and/or furniture is a must, Fusion 360 skills a huge plus. Applicants shall have experience working closely with a dynamic design team in a collaborative environment while also managing CAD technicians supporting them. Enjoys working on a team, but able to work independently, and willing to ‘own’ our concept-to-production workflow.
This person will be a senior-level position, working closely with the CEO, design team, COO, and production team.
- Lead our DfMA efforts and team in bringing our products into production and to market.
- Oversee and produce high-quality CAD models and shop drawings appropriate for digital fabrication.
- Research, Test, and Troubleshoot existing and new designs for efficient higher-quality production.
- Help with estimating product costs, custom orders, and working with operations prototyping / production timelines.
- Participate in strategy sessions with the rest of the team on how to best produce a design and meet our growing production needs.
- Use our in house web based Project Management systems for daily task tracking
- Daily check ins with team & whole company meetings
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelors’ degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Design, or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Passion for DfMA, design, furniture, digital fabrication, sustainability, Lean and other industry related areas.
- Experience in furniture and/or woodworking production.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the features, functions, and limitations of a solid-based MCAD platform like Solidworks, Inventor, etc. with Fusion 360 vastly preferred (or willing to quickly learn Fusion).
- Knowledge of a range of materials, manufacturing and assembly processes.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
To be considered for this opportunity, email us a brief cover note along with your updated resume. Thank you, in advance, for your interest in joining our team.